To get started with Process Bliss, the first thing to consider is creating a template.
Templates are the blueprints for the way you perform certain activities in your business. They contain the steps and all the information you need to complete the activity. When the activity needs to be performed, you create a task from the template and start completing the steps. This saves a great deal of time, especially if the activity is performed on a regular basis.
In this video, we show you how to set up your first template in Process Bliss.
To create a template from the Process Bliss home page;
- Select ‘Templates’ at the top left of the page and select your organisation (if you have more than one). Here you will be able to either ‘Create template’ or 'Create folder’.
Folders are a good way to organise your templates to keep track of them.
- Select ‘Create template’ to get started, and enter the template name.
- The main part of a template is adding the individual steps that require completion for the process to be successful. To add your first step, click the step button on the left hand side of the screen, or under the purple header bar.
One of the great features Process Bliss has added to each individual step is the ability to make each step either optional or essential.
For a task to be completed, only the steps labelled as essential must be completed. However, when using the template to make a task, all of this can be amended depending on the circumstances at hand.
To add another step to the template there are multiple options;
- You can either click the step button to the left hand side of the screen, or the 'Add a step' link under the last step, and a new step will be created.
- When you have a step open, you can just click enter to create the next step very quickly and efficiently.
- You can also drag and drop the add step button to make associated steps or add your next step so that some steps are connected together. This might be useful for a step such as 'advertise' which could have 'advertise in newspaper' or 'advertise on website' as sub-steps.
In a template you can;
- Make a step essential or optional
- Set timescales which determine the due date for each task to be completed by
- Add a description to a step
- Add a file that can be downloaded to help carry out a step
- Set it up so that people completing the step are requested (or required) to enter text or upload a file
When you have finished, make sure to select ‘Publish’ to save the template in your Process Bliss account.
Once a template has been created it can be used over and over again to create tasks. This is ideal for tasks that you carry out regularly.